5 Free Apps Every College Student Should Have
The task of juggling a college workload is not an easy one. With papers, tests and so much reading your eyes become sore; it’s no surprise that things tend to slip through the cracks. These five free apps, however, can help you organize yourself and hopefully allow you to maintain some semblance of a social life.
With a set of high quality study tools you can effortlessly condense hours of flashcard making into half that time. Studyblue allows you to take advantage of your phones built in microphone and dictate a flashcard in seconds; you can even snap a picture if you’d like a visual aid. Quiz yourself on the go and keep track of your scores to map your progress. Students can even share their flashcards on Studyblue’s website and search through hundreds of subjects to access pre-made flashcards.
Record audio, capture pictures, store class notes, files, ideas and more; Evernote is the paragon of note taking apps. Functional with nearly every mobile device and computer, Evernote allows you to sync all your notes between devices and keeps everything up to date. Create multiple notebooks for easy navigation and search by keywords to find anything at a moment’s notice. Just like StudyBlue, you can download and share notes with anyone, they don’t even need an Evernote account. You can easily make your notes public with a URL link, email them to someone directly or create a downloadable PDF file.
As the name would suggest, Alarmed isn’t just an alarm clock but your very own personal assistant. In addition to orienting you during your morning daze, Alarmed allows you set a series of reminders, countdown or up to events and quickly create alerts on the go through the use of your phone’s built in microphone. For the really important task, the nag-me feature will repeatedly remind you at intervals from 1 minutes to 1 hour until you acknowledge the reminder.
It’s no secret that college textbooks are expensive, so at the end of the semester don’t let them collect dust. As an app that is geared toward renting, buying and selling textbooks, Chegg is a great way to quickly compare and contrast prices between retailers. Simply scan the bar-code of a book and peruse a list of opinions. Chegg allows you to purchase, extend rentals and manage your due dates all from your phone. You can even sell your textbooks directly to Chegg and track the shipping process.
College is typically the time when healthy eating habits are flung out the window, but with MyFitnessPal that doesn’t have to become a reality. Research studies have consistently confirmed the health benefit for keeping track of the food you eat and activity you do. MyFitnessPal offers a food diary and activity log, believing the more conscious you are of your food intake and physical activity the more likely you are to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The app offers nutritional guidelines and a food database with the nutritional facts of over 2 million items.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Technology Articles
Recent Mount Holyoke News Articles
RECENT MOUNT HOLYOKE CLASSIFIEDS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP MOUNT HOLYOKE NEWS
- 1 “Independent Study Course” Students MUST Take
- 5 Reasons Why Every College Student Should Start Drinking Coffee
- From Behind The Register: The Training Student Retail Workers...
- Gathering up for "4-20"
- Earth Day Goal: Drop The Steak
- "FSU London Ladies": Maria Stamatogiannakis
- Studying Abroad In Europe: The Beauty In The Struggle
MOST POPULAR MOUNT HOLYOKE NEWS
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeBoston CollegeBoston UniversityBrandeis UniversityHarvard UniversityUniversity of Massachusetts-AmherstMassachusetts Institute of TechnologyNortheastern UniversityTufts UniversityClark UniversityUniversity of Massachusetts-LowellUniversity of Massachusetts-BostonWorcester State CollegeBentley CollegeWheaton CollegeMount Holyoke CollegeLesley UniversityHolyoke Community CollegeHampshire CollegeSuffolk UniversityWestfield State CollegeUniversity of Massachusetts DartmouthWilliams CollegeAmerican International CollegeAmherst CollegeAnna Maria CollegeAssumption CollegeBabson CollegeBay Path CollegeBecker CollegeBerklee College of MusicBoston Architectural CollegeBridgewater State CollegeCambridge CollegeElms CollegeCollege of the Holy CrossCurry CollegeDean CollegeEastern Nazarene CollegeEmerson CollegeEmmanuel CollegeEndicott CollegeFisher CollegeFitchburg State CollegeFramingham State CollegeGordon CollegeGordon-Conwell Theological SeminaryLasell CollegeMassachusetts College of Art and DesignMassachusetts College of Liberal ArtsMassachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health ScienceMassachusetts Maritime AcademyMerrimack CollegeMount Ida CollegeNew England School of LawNewbury CollegeNichols CollegeRegis CollegeSalem State CollegeSimmons CollegeSmith CollegeSpringfield CollegeStonehill CollegeThe New England Institute of ArtUniversity of Massachusetts Medical School WorcesterWellesley CollegeWentworth Institute of TechnologyWestern New England CollegeWestfield State CollegeWheelock CollegeWorcester Polytechnic InstituteAndover Newton Theological School
- By State
- By City